How to make your own Easter egg
It's easier than you think
This Easter instead of trailing the shops to find a mass-produced egg, why not get creative and make your own?
A personalised organic and fair trade chocolate Easter egg for the children in your family will be truly appreciated. Here’s how to do it.
You will need:
- Chocolate (see below for recommended products)
- A pan
- Glass bowl or jug
- Egg moulds (available from craft shops – we got ours from Hobbycraft)
- Icing pen
- Clear cellophane or roasting bags
To make your eggs you will need to:
- Put the glass bowl or jug into a pan of boiling water and add the chocolate slowly and allow to melt.
- Pour a layer of melted chocolate into the egg mould and place in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge, add another layer of chocolate to the mould and stick the 2 halves together and put back in the fridge until fully set.
- Take out of the fridge and carefully peel away the mould. Using an icing pen pipe your message on the egg and allow to set one last time.
- To package your egg, place it into a clear cellophane bag (roasting bags work perfectly), add a few mini eggs and tie with ribbon.
We have found so much delicious organic chocolate you can make your Easter eggs with: